Rodel is a powerful, accurate and efficient tool designed to allow the practitioner to understand operational effects of different geometries and their impact on performance. The program provides accurate capacity and delay analysis data to assist a designer in finding a comprehensive solution for a given problem.
Rodel assists roundabout designers and practitioners to:
- Improve design quality
- Drastically reduce design time
- Reduce land and service utility relocation costs
- Rapidly explore many geometric options, especially with respect to safety
- Derive the optimum layout within the conflicting constraints of cost, delay and safety
- Conduct planning level studies to evaluate intersection alternatives
Rather than simply checking designs after they have been drawn, Rodel generates geometry prior to scheme drawing. This avoids the time consuming practice of repeatedly drawing layouts and checking performance.