Background and Basis
These tutorials are designed for anyone interested in learning about Rodel's robust modeling capabilities and accuracy.
Introduction (9 minutes)
An overview of some of the key features of Rodel.
Basis of Program (6 minutes)
A look at the research behind Rodel, what's "under the hood" and why it's important.
Validation & Transferability in U.S. and North America (5 minutes)
Rodel is validated by U.S. data and is used worldwide to design and analyze roundabouts.
This tutorial is an overview of Rodel's interface inputs and outputs:
Program Interface - Quick Start Guide (8 minutes)
The Quick Start Guide is comprised of these parts:
- Capacity Models (Empirical and HCM)
- Project Information Toolbar (New Project, Model selection, printing)
- Primary Geometric and Traffic Inputs
- Secondary Inputs (Calibration, Accidents, Economics, Bypass Lanes)
- Results (Operational, Safety, Economics)
- Embedded Popups and Error & Warning Messages
These "how to" case study training modules illustrate a range of modeling applications from simple to more complex analysis procedures, covering a wide variety of situations encountered within roundabout analysis and design.
- Module 1: Single Lane Analysis (13 minutes)
- Module 2: Flared Entries (7 minutes)
- Module 3: Bypass Lanes (12 minutes)
- Module 4: Exclusive Left Turn Lane Modeling (11 minutes)
- Module 5: Calibration (15 minutes)
- Module 6: Sensitivity Testing (13 minutes)
- Module 7: Safety and Economic Analysis (coming soon)